Whitmill’s Marine & Aviation team has a wealth of knowledge and a proven track record in dealing with a wide variety of structures and transactions in the luxury and racing yacht and private aviation market.
Our team has extensive experience acting for both owners and banks, to assist with the provision of practical strategies and implementing the offshore corporate arrangements required in this specialised field.
We understand the importance of working closely with our clients and their professional advisors to ensure strong corporate and vessel governance and maintain strong relationships with managers/skippers.
Our specialist Marine & Aviation team can manage the day-to-day corporate and fiscal responsibilities, recognising that these entities and their underlying assets operate across all time zones and swift response times are often required.
Our team can provide a full range of corporate services including directors, officers, statutory filing and accounting services. We can also facilitate the following:
- Multi-jurisdictional corporate ownership structures for these assets.
- Structuring and administrative support for the sale and purchase of these luxury assets.
- Ship registration and flag state support.
- Ship accounting frameworks.
- Administrative support for restructuring and refinancing.
- Crew employment services (payroll solutions).
- International pension services through a regulated third party provider.
- Provision of appropriate insurance policies through specialist brokers.
- Compliance with the Maritime Labour Convention 2006.
- Integration of offshore structures in accordance with corporate and personal tax advice.
In addition, we can draw on the wider expertise of Whitmill’s private client, corporate and funds teams to form bespoke solutions for owners, sponsors or crew as required.